Dec 6, 2015

Mamas Chinese Dumplings

So this is an ancient Taiwanese recipe I got from my mother that I completely changed making it just a Lorry recipe now. Ok, it wasn't ancient either.  I'm about to give you my moms secret sauce recipe. This is actually true! This sauce is like the KFC chicken recipe. I could sell this sauce and make a lot of money but instead I'm gonna give you guys it for free!  Because that's how I'm Rollin these days. Soo to give you a quick verbal explanation of what it tastes like, it's a sweet vinegary sauce. If you don't like the sound of it.. Don't make it! Bahahaha!  
 Stick to your regular sauce or just use soy sauce. 



Dumplings:
1 pound of lean ground beef or chicken
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 cup of chopped green onions
2 cloves of garlic chopped
11/2 tbsp Rice vinegar
1/2  of a (10oz) package of fresh spinach, so 5oz, boiled, drained and squeezed and chopped(more if you like)
1 pack of won ton wrappers

Marinate the ground beef in the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce for a few minutes. set aside.
Saute garlic and green onion lightly until flavors come out. Add to the ground beef and mix well with hands.
Now add the spinach, salt and pepper.
Mix together all ingredients well with your bare hand mashing together.
Put cold water in a bowl. Using your finger tips dip finger into cold water and run along all the edges of a wrap. place just 1 tablespoon or less of meat into each wrap and fold up any shape you prefer.
Steam dumpling in a steamer for 20-25 minutes making sure meat is cooked inside.

Sauce:
2tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
1/2 tbsp vinegar
1/4 sesame oil
1 tsp honey
Mix all liquid and stir with a small whisk to dissolve honey


No comments:

Post a Comment