One of the best vegetables for your skin is tomatoes. It's filled with vitamin A which helps keep your skin stay supple and bright. What's even better than raw tomatoes is cooked ones. Cooking tomatoes helps break down the fiber so your body can absorb it better. This is a simple healthy tomato sauce over whole grain spaghetti with a nice handful of fresh spinach. It's so easy and if you love fresh pasta sauces this is a great recipe. I make meat balls on the side for my husband. I'm don't eat meat too often so this is a way we can both enjoy this dish. I just throw the meat balls on his plate and he gets the meat sauce he loves. I can eat so much of this sauce, I just love it!
1 can of Diced Tomatoes (14 ounces)
2 tbsp Olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp of dry red wine
1 tsp of Italian seasoning or whatever spices you like
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 small red onion minced
Big hand full of fresh spinach
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until softened. about 5 -7 minutes
Add diced tomatoes, red wine, brown sugar, spices, salt and spinach.
Stew for 15 minutes or until spinach is cooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment