This is a fun breakfast I created. it's perfect for serving to guests for breakfast because it's something a little different than your regular fried or scrambled eggs. This recipe is great for kids, they can fill them with what ever meat and vegetables they like and choose the type of cheese they want in there sauce. The best thing about this is it's super easy to make and you can personalize it if your not into spinach florentine. Sometimes I make it with red pepper, sweet onion and spinach. The bechemel sauce I adapted from Mario Batali's recipes. I just added goat cheese in it but feel free to add whatever cheese you prefer. I do recommend the goat cheese though for the vitamin A, it's beneficial to great skin.
1 egg
1 egg white
Spinach
Onions(optional)
Saute onions and spinach. (as much as you prefer)
Beat eggs until fluffy and pour in to pan. Cover the Lid to help it cook the top side a bit
When ready place spinach and onions in the center of the eggs.
Roll up. I find If you leave it rolled in the pan for a minute it seals the opened side up.
Saute onions and spinach. (as much as you prefer)
Beat eggs until fluffy and pour in to pan. Cover the Lid to help it cook the top side a bit
When ready place spinach and onions in the center of the eggs.
Roll up. I find If you leave it rolled in the pan for a minute it seals the opened side up.
Goat Cheese Bechemel Sauce:
2 1/2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Flour
2 cups of milk
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup of goat cheese
Melt butter in small a small pot with flour and heat until butter turn light golden
add milk,salt and nutmeg whisk until smooth
Bring mixture to a boil stirring continuously till smooth (10 mins)
Add goat cheese and fold in until melted and smooth.
Here's just a regular scrambled egg roll with my favorite ingredients. I put spinach, red peppers, tomatoes and onions. My husband loves to make huge rolls like this using 5 eggs with bacon and cheese. I'm sure it was delicious..haha.. Ill stick to my vegetables.
2 1/2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Flour
2 cups of milk
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup of goat cheese
Melt butter in small a small pot with flour and heat until butter turn light golden
add milk,salt and nutmeg whisk until smooth
Bring mixture to a boil stirring continuously till smooth (10 mins)
Add goat cheese and fold in until melted and smooth.
Here's just a regular scrambled egg roll with my favorite ingredients. I put spinach, red peppers, tomatoes and onions. My husband loves to make huge rolls like this using 5 eggs with bacon and cheese. I'm sure it was delicious..haha.. Ill stick to my vegetables.




looks really delicious :)
ReplyDelete