Jan 23, 2011

Black Bean and Olive Hummus



Here is a great skin benefitting snack thats easy to whip up. The best thing about this hummus is it taste even better the next day. This is good for pot lucks and I do suggest to make it the night before and give it a quick stir before you serve it. I also use this as a spread for my roasted vegetable sandwich or in a burrito. I even use this in my falafel's which isn't the usual but I love a lot of different flavors in it. To optimize your nutrients try using black sesame crackers or flax crackers to dip or just regular toasted whole wheat pitas. For toasting pitas, I just throw them in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees F. You can brush the pitas with olive oil, sea salt and paprika for some extra flavor. Some times I mix salsa with this bean dip, it taste really good or I do layers of cheese and hummus and salsa. 


Things You Need:
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1/2 cup of sliced black olives or 10 whole black olives
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of Tahini
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
Put all ingredients into a blender
Mix well until creamy


No comments:

Post a Comment